KABUL — The Taliban has announced the names of several members of a new caretaker government in Afghanistan led by Mohammad Hasan Akhund.
The list of cabinet members announced by chief spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid at a news conference in Kabul on Tuesday.
“The Islamic Emirate decided to appoint and announce a caretaker cabinet to carry out the necessary government works,” said Mujahid, who named 33 members of “the new Islamic government” and said the remaining posts will be announced after careful deliberation.
Mujahid stressed the cabinet was an “acting” government and that the group will “try to take people from other parts of the country”.
Here is the full list of names announced:
- Hasan Akhund will lead the new Afghan government
- Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and Mullah Abdus Salam will be his deputies, Indian Express reported.
- Amir Khan Muttaqi – Foreign MinisterAbas Stanikzai – acting deputy Foreign Minister
- Mullah Yaqoob – the son of Taliban founder Mullah Mohammad Omar, Yaqoob has been approved as Afghanistan’s defence minister
- Amir Khan Muttaqi – Foreign Minister
- Sirajuddin Haqqani – Interior MinisterQari Din Hanif – Acting Minister of Economy
- Abas Stanikzai – acting deputy Foreign Minister
- Mawlawi Noor Mohammad Saqib – Acting Minister for Hajj amd Religious Affairs
- Mawlawi Abdul Hakim Sharie – Acting Minister of Justice
- Mullah Noorullah Noori – Acting Minister of Borders and Tribal Affairs
- Mullah Mohammad Younus Akhundzada – Acting Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development
- Mullah Abdul Manan Omari – Acting Minister of Public Work
- Mullah Mohammad Esa Akhund – Acting Minister of Mines and Petroleum
- Mullah Abdul Latif Mansoor – Acting Minister of Water and Energy
- Mullah Hamidullah Akhundzada – Acting Minister of Civil Aviation and Transport
- Abdul Baqi Haqqani – Acting Minister of Higher Education
- Najibullah Haqqani – Acting Minister of Telecommunicatio
- Khalilur Rahman Haqqani – Acting Minister of Refugees
- Abdul Haq Wasiq – Acting Director of Intelligence
- Haji Mohammad Idris – Acting Director of the Central Bank
- Ahmad Jan Ahmady – Acting Director of the Administrative Office of the President