Meet Syed Taha, a 23-year-old International Taekwondo Athlete from Narbal area of District Budgam J&K. He has been playing for the last 20 years, he was just 3 years old when he started playing Taekwondo. It was his coach Syed Ashaq Hussain Bukhari who believed that he will achieve something and guided him thoroughly. He remains unbeaten in 20 continue championships within the state, districts and in Kashmir Division. He used to train in indoor stadium and in the PSC academy, most of his training is done in PSC academy. He was named the youngest player of the championships many times during his childhood days. He suffered a lot through hartals because he was not able to do training in hartals, due to final exams of the school he missed various national championships and also the championships within the state. and due to the less infrastructure availability in Kashmir he suffered a lot and here is no qualified NIS one year coach so he used to train with the center team under the wushu coach of J&K Nisar Ahmad Mir, it is very difficult to train taekwondo in a wushu atmosphere. After that he travels to Jammu for the further training under master Atul Pangotra International coach in Atul international taekwondo academy and now is getting great support from the vice president of the state taekwondo federation Mr. Nissar Hussain.
Some more of his achievements are:
- India Open international Olympic ranking championship 2019 Gachibowli stadium Hyderabad India.
- Commonwealth Baton relay 2010 for the Commonwealth Games 2010.
- World Championship selection at the age of 8 years.
- School games federation of India:
- U/14 two SGFI nationals for J&K state.
- U/17 two SGFI nationals for J&K state
- U/19 one SGFI nationals for J&K state.
- Sub junior nationals for J&K.
- open nationals for J&K.
- senior nationals J&K.
- federation cup for J&K State.
- 12 times state gold medallist including SGFI and federation.
- 14 times district gold medal.
- 2 times Open Kashmir gold medallist.
- Youngest current male athlete from Kashmir to play senior national for J&K.
- 6 times best player award to his name.
Currently he is going through ACL injury and is recovering from it.