PDD daily wager electrocuted in Sopore

PDD daily wager electrocuted in Sopore

 

Sopore: An employee of Power Development Department (PDD) received severe burn injuries after he received an electric shock while repairing a transformer and transmission lines in Seelo area of Sopore in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Sunday evening.

Reports reaching the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) said that a 50-year-old daily wager employee identified as Ghulam Hassan Sheikh, son of Wali Muhammad of Seelo Sopore suffered serious burn injuries on his arm and leg when he was repairing a transformer in Seelo area of Sopore.

Officials said that daily wager employee was immediately rushed to SDH Sopore for treatment with the help of locals.

PDD Sopore division’s Exen, Tariq Ahmad termed the incident as unfortunate and said that “our employee on duty suffered severe burn injuries while repairing transformer.”

He said they will provide adequate compensation to the employee.

However, the family members told KNO that none of the PDD employee visited them so far, adding that it was for the second time that their beloved has received an electric shock, saying that he suffered burn injuries in January 2017 in same village while performing his duties.

They demanded authorities to regularize him, saying that he has served as daily wager in the department since 1997 and was accidentally injured two times while performing his duties.(KNO)

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

OPINION

Tripartite Dialogue Over Kashmir: Only Way Out

Dr. Moeed Yusuf, Special Advisor to Prime Minister of Pakistan on National Security and Strategic Policy disclosed in an interview with Karan Thapar that India sent us a message for a desire to a conversation. He added that Pakistan stands for conversation that moves us forward. He however emphasized that there are three parties to […]