MS SDH Bijbehera suspended for showing ‘negligence’ while dealing with COVID patient

MS SDH Bijbehera suspended for showing ‘negligence’ while dealing with COVID patient


Raouf Dar

Srinagar, June 20 (KINS): Director Health Services Kashmir on Saturday suspended Incharge Medical Superintendent Sub District Hospital Bijbehara Dr Shaukat Hussain Parray for allegedly showing negligence while dealing with a COVID patient.

Authorities had framed a committee to look into allegations against Dr.Shaukat Hussain Parray I/C Medical Superintendent SDH Bijbehara for showing negligence while dealing with a COVID-19 patient.
The accused has been suspended after the enquiry team submitted it’s report against him.

“In view of the report submitted by the enquiry committee which was constituted by this office, Dr.Shaukat Hussain Parray I/C Medical Superintendent SDH Bijbehara is hereby attached with the office of CMO Anantnag with immediate effect till further orders,” reads an order issued by Director Health Services Kashmir, a copy of which lies with news agency Kashmir Indepth News Service (KINS).

Meanwhile, Dr.Iqbal Bichoo, Incharge BMO Bijbehara, has been asked to look after work of I/C Medical Superintendent SDH Bijbehara in addition to his own duties till further orders.

As per a report of a local daily, a coronavirus positive woman from Shamsipora village of Mattan, Sumaira, was admitted in the Emergency and Trauma care hospital, Bijbehara a designated Covid-19 care center on May, 28 last month.

On June, 7, when her date of delivery was nearing she was shown negative for covid19 in a medical certificate and shifted to nearby SDH Bijbehara where she remained admitted in the general ward.
On June 9, she was taken by the doctor in-charge to a theatre where she delivered a female baby. Thereafter, she was again bought back to the ward and remained there for two more days. Then it came to fore that the samples of the woman were collected barely an hour before she was declared negative. Her second sample turned positive.

However, the hospital authorities had discharged her. She remained at home and came in contact with many more people.
The health authorities took her sample for the third time and it came positive again for infection. Following an inquiry team was framed based on which he was suspended.(KINS)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Rely on RT-PCR test only

The COVID-19 cases tested through Raid Antigen Testing (RAT) seems doubtful after the government recently asked all the States and Union Territories that all COVID symptomatic patients, who have tested negative in the Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT), mandatorily undergo a RT-PCR test. Such a decision from the Health Ministry and Indian Council of Medical Research […]