Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Pulwama attack would not have happened if a strong reply was given after the attack in Mumbai in November 2008.
He also noted that the aerial strike on a training camp in Balakot was successful with Pakistan not allowing the media to visit the site for over 40 days.
Suspension of intra-Kashmir trade|J&K business chambers, LoC traders ask Centre to review decision
In public interest, contractors decide to resume road repairs
Modi told Times Now in an interview that no patriotic Indian could afford to sit back after the February 14 Pulwama attack in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed.
“If we remain silent at a time like this, then the perpetrators will get into the habit of thinking that the government is not strong and they can get away. If action had been taken after the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Pulwama would not have happened,” he said.
Modi said no major terror incident has happened in the US after the 9/11 attack as their government showed strength.